Sunday, July 25, 2010

second to last

today my second to last group comes. well, hopefully. i definitely am hosting this week and next week and then there are only four groups on the schedule for my last week here so i don't know if i'm going to be hosting then.

it's funny that this is almost the end. i've been aching for home lately. i think that my sister's visit did it. she was a breath of vermont air and then i see pictures online of fresh earthy picnics and weddings...

now, don't get me wrong. i like it here a lot. oakland has tucked itself into a little place in my heart and will be there for a while. san francisco is fun, and i hope to return, but it hasn't attached itself in the same way. mostly my heart is stuck in the ministry sites. korean corp and little alex, BARM's spunky simon, and the directors are people i've learned so much from: jessica, chrystal, alexa, brother steve, sister marchelle. i know more now about ministry and urban work than i ever thought i would by the end of the summer.

and still, i'm ready to go home. i have a week in vermont before my next adventure. prayer would be nice. i want to utilize my time as best as i can. i'm a little afraid of my next urban adventure. i miss the hills and the lake and walks in the woods. i hope i've made a good choice. i'll have to soak it all in while i'm there for a week.

ok, ten minutes till showtime. i'm ready. i'm in my pink hosting shirt and my green skinny jeans (don't worry, it's tempered with my cozy plaid jacket - it's cold here!) hopefully they're funny and easy going and ready for an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment