Wednesday, July 21, 2010

pain

this came in a random newsletter i got today:

"How do you deal with pain? I eat. My pain is all in my gut, where it doesn't belong, instead of in my heart, where it does belong.

Can we open our hearts to the pain? Can we embrace the beauty of our pain? Can we just allow ourselves to FEEL it? To "Be" with it? I think that's all we have to do, to deal with it, is to just be with it for a while. Not wallow in it. But let it tell us its messages, listen to it, and then more easily let it go."


it's an interesting thought. how do you deal with pain? i think that the author is right, there is beauty in pain, even pain that is so yucky you don't want to think about it at all.

beauty that has come out of pain in my life almost always manifests itself in relationships. i am always amazed by the people that are placed in my way who need to know about my pain in order to share their own. in order to help i need to embrace that it happened, right? i need to know it is there and "be" with it.

interesting. thoughts?

in other notes, as some of you know i am "off" this week. i don't have a group...but i do have work (yay 5am shower duty every day!).

Here are a few interesting things:
this beautiful blog let me know of a plan to make a wonderfully interesting bridge!

it's Jazz Age Dance Party week on The Sartorialst (scroll down for some lovely photos)

I am reading two (TWO!) splendid books. check them out:

Everything is Illuminated

The Peace Maker


i also JUST finished THIS book which you ALL absolutely positively MUST read!

keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment