Monday, January 17, 2011

Mornings are not my most productive time. I go to bed at night with all of these plans for what I'm going to do in the morning before work bouncing around behind my very tired eyes. My easel is all set up, with the beginings of a beautiful peice on it. I have poems to write, sun salutaions to practice, and cleaning to do. There's a box of clean laundry to fold and five emails to reply to. I have my resume to work on and jobs to search for. All of these things line up against the inside of my eyelids as my planning, rushing mind winds down.

In the morning my alarm goes off at 6:35. It's set for 6:35 because I want to get up at 6:40 and my phone has a 5 minute snooze. At 6:50 I roll out of bed. Painting, writing, yoga, cleaning and emails are left behind in bed. I wash, dress, and stumble downstairs. By the time I have thrown my lunch in my bag and cooked my oatmeal, I have 15 minutes till departure time (o-7:35hours).

I have decided to let the work go. To let the business be. Mornings are not my most productive time. I have decided to read.

I love to read. When I finally embraced my mornings as my readnig time, I began to actually make it through books that I have had for ages. I picked up some new (old)books at The Book Thing too and have been reading through them.

In the late morning and early afternoon I get my creative rush. I want to make somethnig, do something, be something! I am, of course, stuck at work answering phone calls, but at least I know that I still have the drive.

-- book reviews to follow --

No comments:

Post a Comment